UNIVERSITY OF SAO PAULO SCHOLARSHIP – GRE DI CODE 2348
USP and FAPESP Joint Initiative
On August 17th, 2017, USP and FAPESP has just launched the pioneer initiative to enroll PhD students at USP most qualified graduate programs. The selection procedure will be based on GRE scores, being the highest scores qualified to apply for one of the 30 (thirty) available scholarships from FAPESP. Candidates from all areas of knowledge are stimulated to participate in this program.
The University of Sao Paulo is a comprehensive research university with 268 graduate programs and around 25,000 students, being 15,000 PhDs. USP is ranked among the top universities in Latin America according to the most prestigious international rankings, such as Times Higher Education, QS, ARWH Shangai, etc. USP contributes 23% or 11,000 of the research papers from Brazil on the global academic stage, which places the university among the top 30 largest scientific contributors in the world.
Who can apply?
- Any student in Brazil and around the world holding scores from GRE General Test > or = 155 (Verbal Reasoning) and > or = 158 (Quantitative Reasoning) and > or = 4,0 (Analytical Writing), based on the scores of Test Takers from July 1st, 2012 to June 30th, 2015 (see page 22 from the link: http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_guide.pdf
- Deadlines for Test Taker exams will be April 15th, 2018.
- Test takers holding scores from January 1st, 2017 are also eligible. In this case, they must send their scores and the respective graduate program of interest (please see list below) to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15th, 2018.
- For more information on how to apply for the selection process of this joint initiative, go to http://www.prpg.usp.br/index.php/pt-br/gre-2/usp-gre-2 and email@example.com
How do I know I got selected in Electrical Engineering?
USP graduate program coordinators will contact the pre-selected candidates.
The applicants, how are pre-seleted via GRE score, will have to:
1. Select one of the following areas of research:
Intelligent Automation of Processes and Systems
Modeling of Biological Systems
Robotics and Cooperative Autonomous Systems
Electric Power Systems Operation
Devices and Components for Telecommunication Systems
2. Seletc one of the elegible supervisors:
Prof. Ben-Hur Viana Borges | 55 (16) 3373-8132 | Email |
Prof. Carlos Dias Maciel | 55 (16) 3373-9350 | Email |
Prof. Luís Fernando Costa Alberto | 55 (16) 3373-9322 | Email |
Prof. Marco Henrique Terra | 55 (16) 3373-9341 | Email |
Profa. Vilma Alves de Oliveira | 55 (16) 3373-9336 | Email |
3. Present the folling documents for appreciation:
Two reference letters
Research project or statement of purposes
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org